Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2011 - Movies #11-15

Movie #11:
"The Social Network"
We were on an Oscar kick.
This was a really good movie, but I didn't think it deserved the Oscar for best film - which it didn't get, because "The King's Speech" did.

Movie #12:
"Winter's Bone"
If there's a movie that was good, depressing, lacked in plot, kept you interested, sickened you, and made you feel a ton of sympathy, it's this movie. Holy crap. I won't even begin to try and describe it - just watch it. Unless you don't like movies like that, then don't, because it's not one of those "oh, it's sad but it's good even though you don't like sad movies and it's a cathartic cry kind of movie." No. It's depressing and disturbing. But good.

Movie #13:
"Salt"
The last movie in our "Oscar movie marathon" and it was alright. I called the ending in the first 10 minutes though. I totally knew -enter bad person's name here- was gonna be the traitor.

Movie #14:
"Easy A"
Ha. Teenage comedy based on The Scarlett Letter that was alright, but shallow. Funny, though. I'd watch it again.

Movie #15:
"Scott Pilgrim vs. the World"
This is a movie Brandon wanted to see and convinced me to watch with him since he had watched all of those Oscar movies with me. It was actually pretty good. It's based on a comic book about a guy whose life is like a video game. Genius. Apparently it's just like the comic, and Brandon loved it. I thought it was pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment