Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2011 - Movies #6-10

Movie #6:
"Frozen"
It was terrible. It's about these three people who get stuck on a ski lift at the end of a weekend and the resort is closing, and SPOILER ALERT - they all die. Wait, no, the girl lives. I think. It ends as she's on the way to the hospital. But she was better off dead - since she had to endure so much emotional trauma. She had to watch as her boyfriend jumped down, broke his legs and was eaten by wolves. And then as her friend climbs down but isn't fast enough in running, so he gets eaten by wolves too. Sick sick sick movie.

Movie #7:
"Serious Moonlight"
I've forgotten what the movie is about. I think it's the one with Meg Ryan and her husband wants a divorce so she duct tapes him to the toilet and makes him fall back in love with her. Wasn't worth remembering.

Movie #8:
"Valentine's Day"
We watched this on, you guessed it, Valentine's Day! My idea. It was pretty good. I'd watch it again. There were a bunch of stories going on at the same time. Better than "New York, I Love You" which was the same concept. This all takes place on V-day and has a ton of great actors in it.

Movie #9:
"Toy Story 3"
It's not often that I see Brandon cry at a cartoon. Okay, that's not entirely true. But this one was a good one.

Movie #10:
"The King's Speech"
If there's a film that I would pick as my favorite, this would be it. I've just decided that I can't think of another movie that I like better and feel is a *better* movie. Flawless. It's about King George VI and his speech impediment and an unconventional speech therapist who helps him through it. This took place in the 30s when radio was just beginning to be big and it was a big deal that he couldn't use his language, especially when he was trying to unite Great Britain as they went into WWII. Oh gosh, so good. The last main scene was amazing.
It won 4 of the 12 Oscars it was nominated for (only 1 other move, "Inception", got as many - but for stuff like visual effects and such) and it swept the British Academy Film Awards - winning 7 of those awards. Not that I always believe that the award shows get it right, but they certainly did this year. Favorite movie. And I've never had a favorite movie before. Liked a lot? Yes, but not a specific favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment