Sunday, November 25, 2012

#19 - a work in process

#19: Finish a book a month.

November '12: The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

I don't think I'm going to be into reviewing each one of my books that I read...but I will mention the fact that I really really really enjoyed this one.  I talked a little bit about it on my personal blog (which reminds me...I have way too many blogs) so I won't go way into it, but it's so different than any other book I've read.  I won't insult this book or the author by comparing it to Harry Potter (because it's a completely different entity) but I will say that it is nothing like it.  This book is way more about character development and social commentary than it is plot, although there is a plot, and it's just brilliant.
Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment