Saturday, November 17, 2012

New Goals 31 - 40

#31: Go to a for real Horror House (Panic Attack in Wilmington...?)
I have been through a few rinky dink things at fairs and such, but I've never been through a legit Horror House, and I really really want to.  Wilmington has this one called Panic Attack around Halloween and we didn't get to go this year, but I'd like to see it.

#32: Get a professional massage.  And try not to get addicted.
Never had one but I'd like to.

#33: Do some kind of record keeping every week for the entire 999 days. Blog, journal or take a picture.
If nothing else, I will take a picture with my phone.

#34: Learn how to play the piano and memorize 5 hymns from the LDS hymnal (simplified, obviously).
I have been trying to learn to play the piano since I was 8. Okay, that's a lie, I took a few lessons when I was about 8 and got a few songs under my belt that I can still pluck out on the piano, but I never practiced...or the piano teacher at Cripple Creek left...or something, so I didn't keep it up. But I have always wanted to know how to play.  I have never been willing to put the work into it, though, obviously. So, 996 days from now I will know how to at least play 5 hymns.

I'm beginning to think I've bitten off more than I can chew.

Speaking of chewing -

#35: Make ten amazing desserts that I've never made before.
I have made cakes and a few pies, but there is a whole world of dessert that I have never explored, and I want to.

I really want to do a Family History goal, but how does one gauge how far along they are on Family History??  I can't say "complete my genealogy" because that won't happen in a lifetime. There is always more to learn, always more to discover. That's almost like saying "find out all there is to know about the history of the world" - not possible. But, I can do something as a goal, I suppose.
 
#36: Take 20 family names to the temple and complete them - start to finish.
That includes male and female.

#37: Make 72-hour kits and test them twice.
Test them as in go camping and take nothing with us but the 72 hour kits.  That's awesome because that means we get to go camping, and that might work for the weekend trips from goal #28. I shouldn't say Goal #28 because I'm going to rearrange these... I'll change it when I do.

#38: Start building my food storage and have a solid 2 months worth.

#39: Live two weeks on nothing but food storage.
This will be after I've obtained quite a bit, obviously.  Eat what you store and store what you eat, right?

#40: Learn how to can stuff and buy a pressurized canner.
I think it's called a pressurized canner.


No comments:

Post a Comment